Finally a place to post my painting

I've struggled to find a place where I can post my paintings ever since I decided that the ATT hosted page I first created was clunky.   Visual work in digital form is sensitive to how and where it is placed. And context helps define the viewer's perception of the work.   A painting hung in an art gallery,  for better or worse,  has more implied value just from where it is. 


If I were working fulltime as a painter I would consider paying for a hosted site with more tools available.  Since I'm not in that mode and despite the fact that I have sold work with increasing success,  I have wanted to find an electronic gallery that allows me to show viewers the work, and let it speak for itself.


Late last year I experimented with Wordpress.com which did let me post, gave me a clean format to work with,  and a slideshow feature.  However,  the slideshow was actually an embed from SLIDE,  an exterior site of not so cleanlined features.   I wasn't very happy with it. wordpress version


A week or so ago,  my good son, Justin,  showed me cargocollective.com  which was just closing its beta phase.   After a little tinkering,  I am happy to say that I've begun building pages there.  And I really like the result.  porteroncanvas


Still need some exploration and tinkering.  And I need to link the 'gallery' page at Wordpress to 
the Cargo site...but I think I'm making progress.  I very much like Cargo's code editing and other tools....very spartan design.  More to follow.   

Comments

Popular Posts