Ayers on his opposition to VietNam & racism

1996 interview on the PBS Newshour:
"I'm sure there are people who think that the opposition to the war was wrong and would like to re-write that history, but the opposition to the war was right, and the opposition came from all quarters, and those who opposed it should be proud of that and should say they're proud of that. To apologize for that opposition would be, I think, a perversion. To apologize for militantly opposing racism, which I think is needed now more than ever, to me is a perversion. On a personal level, are there things that I did wrong like every human being? There are thousands of things that you might do differently, you might re-think after the fact. But in terms of throwing oneself against the war in the 1960's and 70's, that was the right thing to do."

The thing I keep coming back to is that I haven't seen anything that says that Obama and Ayers were 'close' or jointly advocating anything apart from sitting on the boards they sat on. Who were all the other people on those boards? Community leaders---not domestic terrorists. The attempt to tie them closer together is lame....lame...and off topic.

Comments

Popular Posts