I am loyal, but I feel betrayed...

because Apple iTunes appears to be 'out of order' but there is nothing to tell the user what the problem is and very obscure ways to contact Apple. As a long longtime MAC loyalist, I am disappointed.

So what's my beef? A few days ago I heard a wonderful Portugeuse group on the radio and decided to see if their work was available on iTunes so I could PURCHASE some of it. Indeed, there were five albums listed and I listened to samples of the work and thought- I like this very much. So I logged in and tried to buy some of the songs. I got an error message saying that, since I'd logged on, the music had become unavailable in this country!!!! Well, today, several days down the road, the information is still posted on iTunes and the same message comes up when you try to buy it. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

More frustrating, when I then tried to buy some other music, I got a message saying that iTunes Music store was unavailable, though its home page showed up just fine and sampling went just fine. I got an error message "5555" (Is this just prior to 666?) saying that the iTunes Music store was unavailable. I tried to find a way to contact Apple. Nothing on their website. Their forum discussions included many people like me who were having problems. And their 'contact us' system is a 72 hour turnaround! Now that's great in the electronic age, isn't it?

I'm frustrated I have to say. And disappointed. And I recommend Madredeus if you ever get a chance to hear them....


Comments

Popular Posts