Morning. Clouds and a mist of rain. The first in months. I have to be at a work meeting at 8 so I'm out the door at 6:30. A radio report says that the New England Journal of Medicine, hardly a partisan organ, claims that Americans are paying about thr ee times as much for health care as Canadians. Why? Because we have private insurance companies running the show, while in Canada, the government is the single insurer. Gives one pause. But I'm dubious that we'll change- too many vested interests. A nd the insurers are big corporations who are unlikely to surrender their profits in pursuit of the common good. We hear a lot of talk about the health care crisis in this country. People die because we don't have adequate health care. Not because we couldn't. Because we don't. How sad.
passage of several hours at work. Past noon- lunch breakish.
An exciting piece of news arrived in my email box. Mary, my partner in life, is being awarded the community newspaper leadership award for her work leading the business association in NW! She's amazing. I can't say I'm surprised. But glad for her.....much deserved.
s

Comments

Popular Posts