Plumber of the Year- and it's only January

Everyone I know struggles with not having a reliable and honest person to call when some essential piece of our daily infrastructure breaks.   Whether it's an auto mechanic or a contractor,  this is a continuing issue.  
This was the situation i found myself in after experiencing the home version of "The Poseidon Adventure" in our master bathroom.   The shutoff valve for the toilet broke off the wall and the unchecked icy water shot everywhere.   It was horrible.   Water and water damage to the bathroom and bedroom.  Me running outside shoeless and soaked with a monkey wrench to shut off the water at the main.  A waterfall from the ceiling right into the middle of the Christmas Tree, which was lit,  in the family room. 
When all the chaos ended,  we desperately needed a plumber to repair the broken pipe which had had the shutoff valve.   I looked online and reviewed contractor board listings.   I called my brother,  the pipefitter,  to see if he had any suggestions.   And he got a couple names from the union hall.
One of those names was Jay Jay's Plumbing in Gresham.  Amazingly close to us.   After waiting for other possible solutions to unfold and reaching increasing frustration,  I called them.  The woman who answered the phone told me "Ken is on the other line and can call you right back."  I said that would be fine.  And,  within minutes  Ken called back and said he could be there very shortly.   Not just to look the situation over but with an eye to having it fixed.
Before I could snap my fingers,  Ken arrived on our doorstep,  tools in hand.   Affable and businesslike,   he scanned the situation and set to fixing it.   Within a short time there was a brand new shutoff valve,   sleeved onto the offending pipe with a quality copper fitting.    Ken tested the line,  turned our water back on,   and gave me the bill.   It was just a smidge over $ 100 which I thought was extraordinarily reasonable.   
I'm putting it out there.  Jay Jay's Plumbing.   I don't know if they travel beyond the Portland area.  But you could always give them a call.  It might be cheaper than the alternatives.  

Comments

Popular Posts