Memorial Day-thoughts and memories

I had a slightly jarring moment at the end of the week.  Reading the obituaries,  I found that there were three people with whom I was acquainted who had died.  One, Madalaine Bohls of the Milwaukie Historical Society Museum,  was a very sad loss.  Madalaine was diagnosed not long ago with cancer which had already spread through her body.   She spent the last of her life working to finish one final book on Milwaukie's history.    Madalaine was a solid citizen and exemplifies the innumerable committed, quiet, and knowledgeable volunteers who keep so many small communities' history alive.

I also find myself thinking today about my Dad.  How much, as time passes,  I realize what an extraordinary person he was and how he shaped so much of my life,  and still does.   The memorial blog I posted is still there,  still a small way of honoring him.   Occasionally, I note,  someone has visited.  Perhaps today.   Thinkin' of you, Dad. 

Comments

Popular Posts