Gee Mr Peabody!

One of my favorite all time experiences as a child was watching Rocky & Bullwinkle. And one of the best parts of the show to me was the hilarious adventures of Mr. Peabody and Sherman stepping back in time via the Wayback Machine (I know it's the WABAC machine but when I was a kid I never caught that). The absolutely dry humor of these segments and the related absurd situations ended up being part of my own 'world filter'. Much to my surprise, I just found out that there is a modern Wayback Machine that coughs up the past of the web---even when you think it's gone! The website at webarchive.org is a portal to an archive of webpages dating back to almost the prehistory of the internet---1996. Did you think that website you'd created as an experiment was gone? Maybe not.....I've been astonished by what turns up in searches. It's also interesting to see the evolution of sites over time. Worth a visit....and perhaps even a resource.
webarchive.org

Comments

Popular Posts