Portland Timbers-thank you!

I didn't get to see tonight's exhibition match against Toronto...one of the MLS First Division teams. But I am proud to say my crew, the Timbers, accounted for themselves. The final was 4-1 us. And that would reflect a season when the Timbers gave nada to teams from Mexico, England, and, yes, the MLS. Gavin Wilkinson was honored as coach of the year. And many of our players deserved greater kudos than they received. We went down in the second round of the playoffs in PKs. But on the field this crew were awesome! And I have every intention of being out there for next season's battles. Talk in the press is about when and where the next MLS franchise will be let, but let it be said, that the Portland Timbers, since 1975, have made their mark on American soccer. And you can put them in any box you want....they will strive to be champions. And we are privileged to be Timbers fans. Win or lose.
In 1975 I saw my first soccer match. In 1977 I played my first soccer matches because i was enchanted by what I saw. Thirty years on, I am still playing with my own crew. What the Timbers created has found roots. And I, and my children, and my children's children, will be singing "Rose City til I die".

Comments

Popular Posts