My silence in July is a reflection, not of a boring life,

but of such a whirlwind of experience that I haven't had time to stop and scratch my initials on a rock at the side of the road.
The world too seems to be wearing the attire of a juggernaut.

A few notes. I am so grateful that I get to spend time with my parents easily because they are close and that they are well and active. So many of my friends are struggling with parents at life end or in terrible health. I am so grateful that my brother, Bruce, is alive and has just graduated from college. I am so grateful for the generation after mine, the cousins in their dozens, who enrich our family and illuminate our world with hope. I am grateful particularly for my own children, strong and smart and generous and gentle and growing into their own roles as grownups. I am so grateful for my partner, Mary, whose bravery at times is scary and whose love is uncompromising. I am so grateful for my friends, those who go back half a century and those who are only recently arrived in my life. What a rich crew of people I am surrounded by, rich in personality, laughter, courage, generosity, a long list of great qualities. I am grateful that I am who I am here at this just past mid-century part of my life. I can do so many things. God willing I'll be able to continue to do many things for many years.

So. July. Has been treasured and given its place on the shelf where my life is archived. Someone may come and dust it off and leaf through it one day. I just want them to know; it was good. Soccer in Snohomish was the best.

And so, here comes August!

Comments

Popular Posts