El Copa....Saturday

So the first cycles of matches are done. What do I think? Good for Costa Rica picking up two goals against the Germans. Good for the Germans scoring four! Not so good for Poland, but big kudos to Ecuador. The English don't have much to cheer about truly, nor do the Swedes. But Paraguay should also be wary of bragging before a match. It was fun to see Trinidad and Tabago out there. If my memory serves me, the T&T defender, Brent Sancho, spent sometime in the Portland Timbers' green a few years back. Good to see them out there- the smallest country ever in El Copa. Argentina- great play, but they were definitely gifted with an offside goal in their win. They may....may have been robbed earlier in a shot that was bobbled on the line, but the offside was clear on the replays and made the game difference. As usual, the officials are the part of the game that's most questionable. Up to that goal, the game was very exciting...end to end play.

So. The best? That billions! That's right billions of people around the world are sharing the experience. It belongs to all of us. And...we belong to it too. (I knew this was going to be a great cup. I got my 'omen' when I scored in our own match Wednesday night- twenty yarder from the right side over the keeper's arms and under the bar. The beautiful game. I thank God for being able to be part of it.

Comments

Popular Posts