One story about good engenders another....

I am pleased to say that we have evidence there is still good and good people in the world.

David, I read your website every once in a while, and I happened to see the story about your son picking up the trash. I was reminded of something that happened to me a couple of days ago--
There's a gas station in Eugene on my way home that sells gas very cheaply. I stopped there at about 8 pm to get gas and there was a huge line of cars. The cars were just waiting unattended. After about 5 minutes a young woman in a car ahead of me got out, and started filling everyone's tank. She came over to me, since I wasn't at a pump yet, and explained that she'd just ended her shift and was going to fill her own tank, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it until eveyone had been waited on. So, she told me to go around her to a pump and she would wait on me, too. The other two attendents (both men, I might add) were "busy" filling up a propane tank. She stayed overtime and made sure everyone was served--must have been 10 customers. I had never given a gas station attendant a tip before, in fact I can't afford to tip much, but I tipped her. She deserved it.
Cheers, Irene

Comments

Popular Posts