Scientific Evidence Fingers Exceptional Carbon Dioxide levels

One of the things I hear people say from time to time about climate change is that we don't know if what's happening now is just part of a regular cycle of nature. And it's absolutely true; we don't KNOW. However, we do have evidence. The link below picks up a report from scientists who have cored thousands of meters (equivalent to hundreds of thousands of years unless you're convinced the world is only some thousand years old in which case don't bother to read further) and can measure the chemical composition in air bubbles trapped in the ice. While this research isn't absolute proof, it does provide evidence that we are at astonishing levels of and methane and are seeing astonishing levels of increase. I don't know about you, but I'm not good at photosynthesis, so I'm contributing to the problem too.

Today is Thanksgiving here in America. A day to be thoughtful and grateful. I am grateful that I have a opportunity to hang out on this planet and enjoy its wonders for a short period of time. I am thoughtful about the question of whether my children and grandchildren will be as blessed. God knows.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4467420.stm

Comments

Popular Posts