Insect Bites, Def Leppard, and other strange things...

A lot can happen in a month. The weather for instance can go from torrential and chill to torrential and recordbreakingly warm. Intermittent downpours. That was much of our May in Oregon. Rock and Roll is here to stay! I found myself high above PGE Park in a box with the wild crew and customers from Albina Bank listening to Def Leppard and Bryan Adams. Mia Esposa knows how to orchestrate life in interesting ways. I just enjoy the ride. A week and a half ago, I got bit- I think- on the head.
Felt very icky for two days-like a cold and soreness etc. Went to the doc and found out it might have started as a bug bite, but was now a staph infection. Spent ten days doing major antibiotics which seem to have done in the infection, but have, as a remaining sensation, tingling and lumpiness and sore spots on the upper right quadrant of my head. These sensations have been slowly creeping downward (gravity?) and I know have a tingly tearing right eye...So I'm trying to go back to the doc and find out what this is. Spider? Something else? It's irritating and I'm not a good patient. Not at all. The Art on the Bank First Thursday opening came and went. When all was said and done I had 23 pieces to show. Clemens and I had a great time getting ready for it. The invitations were great-tongue in cheek "left bank artistes". And the work got some good comments from the SRO crowd that showed. The virtual version is at flickr.com if you enter Art on the Bank in the search window. So many things and so little time.
What's my general feeling right now? Stressed with the gathering clouds of the summer tourism rush at work, combined with gratitude that things are as good as they are....oh, and the hope that there are some quiet moments coming down the road for Mia Esposa and me.

Must write more later. Gotta head off to soccer.

Comments

Popular Posts