Under the heading of thought provoking religious things...

I heard a brief news report today that the keepers at the National Zoo of Israel (not sure I had the name correct) were changing the animals' feed to kosher since Passover is imminent. Huh? I spent some time trying to figure why that might make sense but decided to file it with "Mormons insist on baptizing dead Jews so that their souls will be saved." This is apparently a great point of contention between Mormons and Jews. The Mormons make a practice of baptizing dead people of other faiths (I don't know how broadly they do this) so they won't be 'damned'.....Apparently they promised the Jews some years back that they would stop baptizing Holocaust victims but then did it anyway. There is now a committee assigned to discuss a resolution...
I have to say the world has come a long way since olden times when they would have immediately just gone to war. But I gotta say, it seems strange to me.
What's a cardinal dressed in attire modelled after Roman citizens from 1800 years ago in comparison? I dunno.

Comments

Popular Posts