Is Blogger being Phished?

Admittedly, I have been so busy I haven't been able to log in and write on my blog for a couple of weeks. Not for lack of things I'd like to talk about! But today was strange. I got not one, not two, but three emails from Blogger asking me to 'log in' to try to recover my password. The links in the emails appeared to be genuine, but I didn't actually click on any of them. Why, I wondered, would that happen? I haven't had any trouble with my blogs....Then it occurred to me. Perhaps there is a phishing scheme trying to get my blog password. That doesn't make very much sense either.

Anyone out there got an explanation? Is there anyone out there? Hello?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey dad,

I've seen several emails like this related to different things (mostly banks) they'll even spoof the companies website and URL (a little digging show's that you're actually usually at some Russian website). Watch out for these.

Justin

Popular Posts