Damn! It's now half past Valentine's Day and the water only got turned back on yesterday.....had a gusher right through my wallet- a big washout. But I've got water again. I was so excited yesterday when a headline popped up on Yahoo saying that the first planet outside our solar system with oxygen had been discovered. Turns out it's so hot that it's atmosphere is actually burning off into space. What a letdown. Okay, I read today that Danny Glover ( yeah, that's right- him!) is continually getting his bags searched by Homeland Insecurity personnel.....was that for making movies with Mel Gibson? I just don't get it. Since he lives in PDX sometimes, I guess I should worry. And what's up with our intelligence services this time???? Apparently the most dangerous proliferator of weapons of mass destruction, the mad mastermind behind the Axis of Evil guys, was mild-mannered Dr. Khan, a leading figure in the Pakistani nuclear establishment. How do you like that? The CIA must have forgotten to cue the President on that when he announced that we would be stalwart in stopping such people. "Cause the President actually signed us on as their allies...I'm confused. Probably more likely that the CIA didn't know about the Pakistani connection. Of course, some people who have expertise on political conditions and history in Pakistan have mentioned that - Musharref aside- the country is potentially the MOST dangerous in that there are definitely nuclear weapons in the country in the hands of people who can be destabilized....a technical term. [[ Okay okay you ask why do I always get trapped in these political rants? I guess 'cause it makes me furious. Is that good enough? ]]
So Kerry Edwards? Edwards Kerry? Nuff said. My only real question- is it strong enough to win?

OK- here's a joke sent me by one of the guys I play soccer with....
A sexy woman went up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestured alluringly to the bartender who approached her immediately. She seductively signaled that he should bring his face closer to hers. As he did, she gently caressed his full beard.
"Are you the manager?" she asked, softly stroking his face with both hands. "Actually, no," he replied. "Can you get him for me? I need to speak to him," she said, running her hands beyond his beard and into his hair. "I'm afraid I can't," breathed the bartender. "Is there anything I can do?"
"Yes. I need for you to give him a message," she continued, running her forefinger across the bartender's lip and slyly popping a couple of her fingers into his mouth and allowing him to suck them gently. "What should I tell him?" the bartender managed to say. "Tell him," she whispered, "there's no toilet paper, hand soap, or paper towels in the ladies room."

That's all for now, folks. If indeed there are any 'folks' reading this.

Comments

Popular Posts