A gray Sunday morning. coffee. the morning paper. Today's Commentary section listed the names, photos, and a short blurb for every soldier who's died in Iraq. A thought-provoking presentation. So many lives and families affected. I know that the nearly five hundred dead is a tiny fraction of the casualties in WW2 but it is still sobering and sad.

One of the things on my list today is going out and raking leaves. My neighbor has a giant tree- probably forty feet tall- something in the acer family. Most of its leaves end up in my yard. And don't fall until this time of year- so all the other raking is done and then there's an avalanche of plant matter. Of course, it's one of the things I have little time for...so they await. Grrrr.... Guess I should look at it as an opportunity to get some fresh air and exercise of sorts.

Time for another cup of coffee...

Comments

Popular Posts