The end of August. September tomorrow. The long afternoons will get cooler as the sun drops west. I am reminded of shopping for school supplies at Strohecker's store when I was a kid. The anticipation of school coming as well as the anxiety. I'd get new shoes- desert boots or loafers. Tan slacks. madras shirts. That was in the last years of grade school. When I was littler we had to wear uniforms and the choices were fewer anyway. We are lucky here in the northwest to have real seasons. Fall does mean falling leaves, bright colors, chilly nights, frost, harvests. Having been other places where the seasons change little, I am glad to live in the midst of cycles and rounds. Is it something in my celtic genes that says that is the right way for people to live? Or just our thirst for change? I don't know. Well, the rest of the day awaits outside my door. Time to get to the next thing on my list.

Comments

Popular Posts