Fourth of July! Sunday afternoon. Lovely summery day. Independence....a good thing.
I've been bludgeoned with too much to do. So quick notes today- for the record.

1) did get some work done on the website dnorthstar.home.att.net I've got a lot of new work it would be lovely to post up.
Just a matter- as always- of having the time.
2) Greece v Portugal! Greece wins Euro 2004 1-0. Everyone in the world will be gunning for them in Athens at the Olympics but for the moment, it is enough that they won. What a run against the odds. Lovely. Disciplined football at the back.
3) Kaeli's off at Bach fest following the PYCFest last week and I realize I will miss her a great deal this fall when she heads for college.....what's a dad to do? I guess I'm to enter a new era as a father.....will take some doing I think.
4) This past week the 'transfer of power' in Iraq....Hola! What can one say? I am still saddened at the continuing death and less than certain that we are marching toward a better day.
5) Reading the recent biography of Benj. Franklin. What an interesting man! I am struck by the evidence that he had a less than compassionate side- for example his years spent apart from various members of his family. But in other ways he is a man I identify with and would emulate. I look forward to finishing this book....the next crop is piling up on my dining room table.

Hope that all who read this cherish their blessings and enjoy what the day brings. God is good.

Comments

Popular Posts